Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Shhhhhh ...

I just logged on to Facebook to take a scan of the many running pages I've liked because they're often mighty inspirational. Today's feed, though, was slammed with a whole mess of negativity over, well, nothing. At least, it's nothing to me because I choose for it not to be.

Today's hot topics include the growing disdain for "selfies" (guilty as charged and make no apologies) as well as  someone who is crazy-annoyed by the speed at which Americans (yes, specifically) are able to complete a Half or Full Marathon. Apparently, we as a whole are too slow to the point races should be considered parades to some.

To all who are clearly hacked off about these two topics, the main theme I want to communicate is, "Shhhhhhh ..."

If that doesn't make my point, I offer the following: If you don't like the selfies, don't look at them. And, if watching a running event bores you, stop watching. In either case, chillax. It's that easy.

Speaking of being chill and an eased state of mind, I focused some time on this Rest Day to spruce up the house for Fall, and I'm going to show you because it's awesome. Ready?

'Want to see a creature who has not a single care in the world?!
"Is there something I'm supposed to care
about, mommy? Because, I'm busy."
Lizzy wandered over as I was working with the fake foliage, and I was certain she planned to get all up in my biz. Instead, she just plopped down and napped. That's outstanding.

That foliage went up here:
And, then, I spruced up one of our real plants with some fake goods:
Every plant needs a pilgrim owl, amiright?
The kitchen got the love:
Acrylic leaves and pumpkins ... I cannot
wait to see who around here thinks it's
candy ...
And, okay ... what exactly is it with Fall and hedgehogs?! There are the ones on my calendar (up top), and I recently saw Fall window gel clings featuring -- you guessed it -- hedgehogs. I figured, why fight it?
I bet I can run faster than a hedgehog.
And, while I did not purchase the hedgehog gels, you know the window got the love with something fabulous:
I'm betting I had more fun decorating than the people ranting today about issues that really aren't hurting anyone. Just a guess.

I'm also going to have fun tomorrow getting back on the running schedule. Plan A is, of course, to go out with the pooch. But, it's supposed to rain. So, I have Plan B: treadmill and awesome crap on the DVR. Either way, it'll be a great way to start the day minding my own biz and soaking in the little things that -- I think -- make life worth living.

Take a moment (or more!) to just Shhhhh ... be still if even for just a little bit, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment