Sunday, September 8, 2013

Major Milestone

Right when I was thinking about getting out of bed to go run, I heard thunder. And, then there was lightening. And, then there was the resignation that the run was happening on the treadmill. I think this summed up my get-out-of-bed sentiments today:
I was about that pleasant, too. Just being real.

But, now that we are completely finished with the first full week of September, I can say with confidence that I have crossed a pretty significant milestone: Five full years of running!

I remember in-the-ballpark of when I started, but I know I've definitely passed that date by this point in the month. So, there you go: Time to celebrate!!

It's also time to thank the very reason I began running in the first place:
"Five years? I'm exhausted."
No need for big ta-da's and flashbacks especially since I give myself all kinds of ta-da's as they come, day by day! I will say I'm a wee bit stunned this activity stuck around as long as it has. I'll add that I'm pretty stoked looking ahead -- more races, more training runs, more pictures, potential destination runs plus I've not ruled out a marathon (and, if I'm going to do one, I'm likely going to want to do two ...).

So, you see there's lots to plan and lots to do! But, first, we rest tomorrow! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment