Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hail the Hound!!

This is supposed to be the last big heat day of the summer. We'll see. But, I am happy to report we not only braved it out there this morning, we also scored more cha-ching. Can I just tell you how much easier it is to retrieve a quarter from a driveway crack than it is to snag a dime? Just sayin'. But, the dime size doesn't deter me; just makes me work harder and not care so much about a few scrapes on my fingers.
Me, the hound and our friends George, Abe(s) and Franklin(s).
(And my Mad Scientist hair.) 48 more cents, baby!
The pup and I logged our quick miles, and that was that for the short runs this week! But, today's was a big one for Elly who crossed her 300th running mile of the year this morning!! Wahoo!!! She doesn't always want to do them all ... but, who of us does ?!? She's mighty fabulous ... and, look how very proud she looks up there! (She's all, "I totally did it. Like there was any question.")

Rest Day tomorrow may be very well timed given rain in the forecast ... rain or shine, though, we rest! May your day started off with a happy bang like ours did, and I'll check in tomorrow from Rest Day! (Have I mentioned tomorrow is for resting?!)

1 comment:

  1. Gurl! Proud of you for running in the heat and stopping to pick up money. Today was a better running day, rain and cool temperatures, even I couldn't complain. =)

    ReplyDelete