Monday, September 23, 2013

If I'm Going To Have Stress, I'll Totally Take This Kind Of It. The Ridiculous Kind.

Yesterday, we were in the car and came to a stop light. Just as the light turned green, I noticed a penny just sitting there. Aaaaaaaaaaggghhh !! You know that's enough to make my heart skip a beat. And, with Aaron following the rules of the road and not holding up traffic, well, we had to leave it.

So, hedge your bets now if that penny is still there tomorrow when I run. I am purposely routing myself to go through that intersection, and it was up by a curb enough to potentially still be there (vs. getting thrown around by traffic). It's a tricky part of the intersection, though, so all of the traffic pattern stars need to align for me to even look for it. Oh, the running stressors I have ...

Speaking of stressors, I was a little on edge about seeing on Facebook that the upcoming virtual medals had been mailed, and mine had yet to arrive in my mailbox by Saturday afternoon. Finding this to be a really long time to get from point A to point B, well, I was anxious for today's mail.

Patience -- or pretending to have some about this matter -- finally paid off because look what arrived today!
One for me, one for Pit Crew #2! Whee!
Those will be tucked away until November 2, but I had to show 'em off ... so sparkly and awesome!

There's also going to be a Halloween themed cupcake medal revealed soon -- I'll let you know when!

I'm off to make some S'Mores Oatmeal Bites (click here if you need a refresher!), and I'll see you after the (hopefully prosperous!) morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment