Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Satisfaction

My run with Elly today was awesome -- not really because of the run itself but because it was out and back and done. Today I was in the perfect mood for the run to be short so I could just carry on with the day. Besides, there wasn't much by way of scenery today as the fog, oddly, increased as the morning went on:
I know it doesn't look like much, but it was weird and, from where I stood, noteworthy. Never fear, it did not take away from my money-scoping abilities, and we arrived to our finish with 11 more cents for the Food Bank. At this point, I'm hoping to double my found-money donation from last year (counting only the change). Right now, I'm only $2.18 away from that mark with almost 2 solid months to find it. It's totally reasonable to hold out hope for doubling the donation!

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember much else from this morning's run because I spent a good part of it thinking back to my first-ever event run. Why? That leads right into today's shout out because I just learned my very dear cousins just started a couch to 5K program!!
 
WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

This was so very cool for me to hear as it made me spend a lot of time thinking back to my first event and thinking about what they're working toward. While they've not yet decided if they're going to register for an event (but, oh, yes ... bossy Nancy came out and told them they totally should!), they have a goal with this program. And, reaching that goal is going to bring with it success and its very own brand of satisfaction. Who doesn't want to feel that ?!?!

Crossing every finish line changes me a little bit and always for the better. I remember how crossing that first one reminded me of how capable I am when I put my mind to something and when I set a goal -- even something I never, ever thought I was capable of doing. Crossing the finish line of my first Half changed my life from the inside because I was reminded that I am totally and completely unstoppable. And, every line since then brings with it a flooding-forward of every step I took to get there, every time I drug myself out of bed, every minute I gave to do something I never thought I would ... every minute comes across that line with me. It's pretty cool. Even when I feel like I'm going to puke.

So, the better part of my day has been spent mentally cheering them on. It's my hope they can feel it!!
And, when they hit whatever goal they ultimately set, it is my wish for them to feel the following:
You go, Dilbert.

And, in this corner of the world, I've run today's run, and I've washed my super-smelly clothes so I have my pick of what to wear for Friday's long run. It's a Rest Day in between!! I'll see you from there tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment