Monday, September 2, 2013

The Only Bummer Of Summer

For as much as I have grown to love running, I inherently love playing in the pool. Pool water runs through my veins, I don't even care how dirty it is. And, while one of my very favorite days of the year is the day the pool opens, you can certainly guess one of my least favorites is the day it closes. *sigh*

Seeing as I use the end of the calendar year to recap the running stats, I'd like to use the non-calendar end of summer of recap a few pool stats. Because I can. Ready?
  • Approximate number of hours spent in the water this summer: 156
  • Number of games of HORSE, I mean, BACON: At least 100
  • Number of times Aaron won BACON: 2
  • Number of times BACON came down to me vs. Pit Crew #3: Almost all of them
  • Amount of money PC#3 found in the soda machine: 55 cents
  • Amount of money PC#3 won from me betting on basketball shots: 60 cents that I recall
  • Most surprising winner racing for the ball in Monkey In the Middle: Me
  • Most surprised that I could beat everyone racing for the ball in Monkey In the Middle: PC#2 (the girl is fast and not often beaten -- unless Aaron physically holds her back, but that's between them!)
  • Number of times I lost Monkey In the Middle: 1
  • Number of days we went to the pool even though it was chilly in and out of the pool: All of them
  • Favorite PC#2 vs. Aaron pool game: Ring Toss Race, a very evenly matched competition!
  • Favorite chill activity: Chatting on noodles
  • Worst attitude about leaving the pool on any given day: Me
  • Best pool hairdos: The young crewers:
My mighty handsome dude!
I know, right? It's an awesome look!
(Remember doing that with your hair,
ladies??)
So, we close out this Rest Day having had our last whirl at the pool. It's always a bummer, but as one activity shuts down, others come our way!

Thank you, my sweet Crewers, for another fantastic summer. I wouldn't want to spend summer any other way!
And, with that, running resumes tomorrow ... see you after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment