Friday, September 27, 2013

Big Run, Big Reward

On this morning's run, four out of five drive-thrus were mighty disappointing. Thank goodness for the fifth, huh?
Whee!! Eleven cents in the first 3 miles!!
Gotta love starting things off like that!
Then, two out of billion intersections also produced the goods to the tune of a penny each. Hooray!

But, none of that compared to the spot where it seems someone was sick of the contents of their car's cupholder and discarded it. Their toss, Food Bank's gain!!
That's 86 cents (and some crap strewn in there)!!! BOOYAH!!
Oh, yes ... that's worth breaking the stride!!
It seemed it was a cupholder toss given the pen cap and other sundry items in the area. I left those. The funny thing about this find was that I found myself with an interesting running issue: Where to put them! I still had about five miles to go, so I needed a solid solution!

Very fortunately, my water bottle pocket could handle most of these. It was amazing how many pennies fit in an itty, bitty pocket. Kind of like clowns in a Volkswagon. But not. Anyway, it was particularly fortunate I had my bottle with me because I attempted to put the pennies in my very, deep pocket only to have the weight of them pull my shorts down. Five miles of holding my shorts up? No thanks. I would have done it if necessary, but thank goodness it wasn't!!

Amidst the serious score, other wonderful things caught my eye along the way like this ...
... and, this ...
... and, this!
Between the lovely scenery and the massive addition to the Fund, this turned out to be quite a run!

May something you think is routine turn out to be chock full of good surprise today!! I'll see you tomorrow from Rest Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment