Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pay Off

There's no other way to spin it (and, oh ... I've been trying ...) than to say I totally blew off one of my miles this morning. (yay!) It's nice to be in a place where I know I can shift things around, and it's totally fine. Ahh ... sustained dedication pays off on mornings like this one where I chose just a little more sleep over one more mile!

I was rewarded for going out at all, regardless of mileage, as it was a perfectly beautiful  morning complete with a cool breeze for the entire first mile. Yeah!! Elly and I both just bathed in the breeze as we trotted along enjoying every minute of a care free run.

It's not often a run is perfectly and completely uneventful, but this morning's was just that. It was a sliver of the day where I could just go ... and, that was perfectly fulfilling!
It was awesome for both of us! Look at
my happy girl!!
It's a bit crazy that the very activity that used to consume every part of me, mostly in pain and struggle, has become a time to just let go and be ... ahhh ... The work, the challenges, the struggles ... stick to it because you're paid off with massive dividends!!

Tomorrow's a Rest Day before the longest run of the weekday, so we'll check in from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment