Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Community Building!

Good morning! What have you been up to this fine Hump Dayyyyy, yeahhhhhh ?! (still not old for me).
Why, Nancy, by your dirty-gross fingers/nails, you've
obviously been running today ...
That's right, today was another profitable running day! Thirty cents later, and in just two days, that's 75 cents. That's huge for two days!!
Ba-da BING !!!!
Also huge is news I received just this week from two friends about their own running adventures -- one shared she's been training for a Half Marathon, and the other is running the same 10K as I this weekend -- her very first race!! WAHOO to fellow running pals!!

I always get excited when I hear of someone hopping on whatever exercise train they choose and continue forth. I know how much I resisted the idea of taking on the endeavor myself (vs. participating in an organized sport), so I'm always, always impressed when someone else puts a plan of any kind, not just running  in place and goes for it whatever it is. I also know how much I've gotten out of this gig including it being (mostly!) fun, so I love that others do, too, or are on the path to discover it!! And, as long as they stay out of my drive-thru routes, we can all continue to be friends. (Ha!)

Speaking of friends, my best furry friend turned back into my resistance trainer today as the temperature was between 10 and 15 degrees warmer than when we were out yesterday. Seriously, what up? Yesterday, we were outrunning the rain. Today, we were outrunning the muggy !
It's difficult to be upset with Mother Nature when she makes
so many pretty scenes, though, isn't it? *sigh*
Just as a nature aside, I saw this on the route, too. FAB.
While it was still plenty cool for Elly to run, she most certainly noticed the difference from yesterday and was having no part in being especially cooperative. But, because the temp was unquestionably fine for her, I had very little part in being especially patient. So, she and I both received our respective workouts from each other. I'm not sure you could call it a win-win, but it is a finished-finished!
"I'd say 'I'm sorry' mommy. But, I'm not."
With the 10K on Saturday, I'm calling that my long run for the week which means two Rest Days in a row this week. I call that: OUTSTANDING!! I'll be checking in, though, with a new recipe and the excitement of packet pickup. Whenever and wherever that is. No one seems to know. For real. Have a great rest of your day gettin' on over the hump, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment