Sunday, September 29, 2013

Whatever Works

Is it ever amazing that a day chock full of sitting makes your body really tired?! Yesterday was just that as the day's activities involved a lot of sitting and spectating, and it wore me out! Needless to say, I was not eager to get up and at a run. However, I was eager to get up and at my weekend Everything bagel, so I got at the run so as to get at my bagel.

Whatever works, just do it!

Elly was totally ready to join me today, and with the cool morning weather, we were both happy! It was a good thing she was so eager today because, for the first time in a very long time, I made the girl run. Elly caught on to my intentions pretty quick, too, because she gave up the let's-just-sniff-and-stall notion pretty early in the run, and when she did stop, she got right down to business. Good girl.

We didn't have much in the way of scenery today because it was still mighty foggy:
Look how big and brave Elly looks. I'm
not sure why she's channeling that part of
her, but we'll go with big and brave ...
I kind of likc how the fogs adds a little
mystery to the very worn paths ...
That you can still see right in front of you in most fogs still fascinates me. It greatly pleases me, too, because just in the nick of time, I saw this ...
I have to admit my attention to drawn elsewhere (looking for money, duh), but, in my defense, who ever thinks you're really going to find a banana peel on which to slip?! And, how many times do you find yourself thankful that you didn't?! *sigh* Well, this morning was such a morning!

In addition to dodging the banana peel bullet, I was pretty stoked to put some speed behind this run ... and, not just because the bagel was a'waitin' (ha!). It's nice to know that for as much as I ached getting out of bed that I could still pull out some strength and energy pretty soon thereafter. Good to know in case I'm ever awakened by a zombie attack or something; being asleep shouldn't hinder my fight or flight abilities.

I found no money, but, never fear, I did later. In fact, I found it on the way to the bagel eatin' place. We were at an intersection, and I saw a dime in the crosswalk right when the light changed. And, you know  how it hurts when I have to drive away from such a thing. So, when we finished our breakfast, Pit Crew #2 and I walked to the intersection where we found not one, not two but THREE total dimes and  a penny. That turned out way better than my last-minute fear that it was not a dime I had seen but a gum wrapper. Or, bottle cap. Or, bird poo. All of which have faked me out on many-a run.

So, it's not running money, but the Food Bank still gets it. And, let's face it, that "found change" jar on our counter top was inspired by the Food Bank stash from running. It's amazing how many things in my world come back around to an activity I used to swear I hated.

For as much as I love it, though, tomorrow's a Rest Day, so I won't be doing any of it! Start your week off with a few moments of chill, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment