Thursday, January 17, 2013

Run. Score Bank. Repeat.

Even though today's run was a little bit different from most in that not only did I go willy-nilly with the route and distance, but I also started out earlier than usual. I figured that extra time was well spent out on the road with me and my dog.

For the differences, though, there was also a little bit of déjà vu. 'Look familiar?
I fought for that quarter, so it gets a solo pic!
That's right. Today's route included my favorite let's-see-if-there's-change drive-thru spot. Just like yesterday. And, there was big bank in the crack. Just like yesterday. And, I got it out. Just like yesterday. I had to use a stick on this quarter, though. Unlike yesterday. But, there was no way I was leaving a quarter!

In addition, there were two dimes that, even though they required effort, were easier to retrieve. All told at that spot, 45 cents. FORTY FIVE. And, nail polish still looks fab:
There's but a minor scratch at the top of my index finger. But,
holy moly, they went through the ringer and look bad only where
I did a poor job painting them! It's pretty funny that I have an
"xtreme" nail polish for my non-extreme activity ... an activity
that has nothing to do with most other participants' fingers!
I might mention that washing my hands in the snow today when it was 31 degrees was much more pleasant than yesterday's 14-degree cleanse.

That wasn't the only place to score the bank. Somewhere around Mile 3, I came across a penny. Directly in front it about 3 feet away was another. Directly in front of that one, another. And, another. Then there were 2 sitting side by side. It was weird, and it crossed my mind that when there's a trail left in fairy tales, it doesn't end well. Just sayin'. Evidently, this was no fairy tale, and 6 more pennies were added to the Food Bank stash!

The final count for today was 61 cents!
Seriously. I am also running ...
Sixty-one cents in six miles is an awesome money-to-mile ratio!! I've always thought it fun when I have more money than miles. At this point in the cash count, I could sit down for quite a while!

Also awesome was not knowing how far we were going to go, and both Elly and I had a good time! Elly had plenty of new and old places to explore, so her excursion left her dir-ty:
It's a good thing she has a mobile spa ...
Look at those feet! She could have used a snow wash.
The other notables of the day were that I didn't fall when I returned to the scene of the recent splat, and right at the same time that I was running along pondering making Crab Rangoonies for dinner, I came across this:
Is that a sign or what?!
So, the plan is Rest Day tomorrow, Family Run on Saturday when it's supposed to be warm vs. doing so on Sunday when the temps are going to take a dive, then training starts up on Monday! Plans are good -- they keep me on track! I'll honor mine by enjoying a Rest Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment