Saturday, January 12, 2013

No Money Found, No Money Spent

I am very happy to report that my upper body Jane Fonda workout from yesterday paid off in spades today. I could feel every muscle used, but I felt them in an, "Ooo ... that feels nice," way rather than a, "Holy crap, why did I do that to myself and how many excuses can I make to never do that again?" way. That was worth the price of the DVD!

It was good to feel awakened this morning as it was Family Run day!! Elly was so excited she could hardly contain herself. While that can be cute, it's also super annoying when trying to get her leash on and keep her out from under everyone's feet while we're heading to the door. So, to chill the ants in her pants, she and I had a couple of minutes together while she practiced sitting and not acting the fool:
"Please still take me. I swear I'll be good. I sweaaaaaaaar."
Then she gave me her tail's classic "thump-thump."
In fairness to the hound, she's not been out with me since Wednesday. It rained on Thursday, and yesterday was Rest Day. So, she was, indeed, itching to get out there, and she wanted to make sure she wasn't left behind!

We all headed out with great optimism given it was just below 40 degrees which makes for great running weather when you (a) get going, and (b) aren't Aaron. PC#3 even wore shorts with his long sleeves -- the shorts he soon regretted. Even though the temperature didn't make them a terrible idea in and of themselves, the sharp wind we didn't know about did. For the first mile, the wind bit his ears. Fortunately for PC#3, Aaron had on a cap; We all know where that cap wound up! So, while the run was fruitless in the finding-money department, it did teach PC#3 the value of continuing to move to maximize warmth throughout the entire body ... including the ears.

Speaking of money, Aaron and I utilized some of the outing for me to process do-or-don't buy another pair of my new shoes. The sale ends today, so I needed to actually decide. While I do like my new shoes a lot, I am not in love with them like I have been my titanium-lightening-periwinkle ones. So, I passed on getting another and stashing them, and I will keep my eyes peeled for a great pair at a great price before I actually need them. That will spare my need-them-soon angst and everyone of having to listen to it.

In the meantime, the current new pair will serve me very well. No money spent. Today. Besides, they go so well with Aaron's shoes!
Guess which foot is mine.
By the way, my new ones are titanium-lightening-electric blue. Lightening? When's the last time you saw green lightening? Whatever; they're snazzy!

Tomorrow is Rest Day for all! It would be a good idea for me to sit down with the calendar and map out the road to April's Half, so let's see if I actually get that accomplished! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment