Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's Not You, It's Me

It's a really good thing the Family Run happened yesterday because this is what we woke up to!
Woohoo!!!!!!
I'd like to think our snow-themed gel
clings brought it on! And, if you don't like
snow, don't blame me, they're just gel clings.
What a perfect morning for a warm breakfast! This weather was predicted (and, remarkably accurate), so I picked up some new pancake mix yesterday in anticipation:
I have a friend who made us some deeeeeelish, from-scratch pancakes over the holidays that were chock full of whole grain goodness. As I've not yet asked for her recipe, and the recipes I found on the web didn't sound as yummy as the ones she made, Bob's Red Mill was my next best stop. (I use Bob's Red Mill brand of chia seeds; Bob seems to know what he's doing.)

I mostly followed the directions for the pancakes ...
By the way, did you check out the fiber content?!?!
... but, here's what I did different:
  • used 2 egg whites instead of 1 egg
  • omitted the oil
  • used 1/2 Cup of skim milk plus 1/4 Cup water
  • added 1 Cup of dry oatmeal
  • added water a few splashes at a time until mix was to my liking
We like to put our pancake batter into mini muffin pans and have them as pancake bites!
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes!
These alongside some scrambled eggs and oranges? Mmm ... mmm ... mmm ... An excellent way to start the morning!

Well, it was excellent for the household humans:
"That looks yummy, and I don't get any. This is not excellent."
I've not yet mapped out my miles for training (surprise), but Aaron and PC#3 are out and about right now which will include a stop at my go-to shoe store just to see if they happened to restock my beloved titanium-lightening (of the yellow variety)- periwinkle shoes. Again, not complaining about the current purchase, but if I can stash a pair of the faves, well, then everyone will win!
"Um, not everyone will win. What did we do ?"
"It's not you. It's me."
'Ever feel like you're breaking up with your shoes?
Tomorrow's a regular run! And, it's going to be a cold one!! Elly and I will see you after!!

No comments:

Post a Comment