Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Pampered Pooch Is a Happy Running Partner

The forecast tomorrow calls for the temperature being 10 degrees feeling like -2 with the wind chill. I'm totally looking forward to it!!!

In the meantime, what better project was there to do in honor of Rest Day than to further pamper the pooch for her high need to rest?!
"I'd look at you, mommy, but Lizzy's right
there. She's riiiiiiiight theeeeerrrrre ...
bugging me ..."
"Okay. She's gone! Cheese !! Waggy tail!!"
I've been eyeballing that fleece for a long time just waiting for the right excuse to get it! I found just the right reason when I put an uncovered pillow down for her next to her fleece floor blanket, and she loved it. (I knew she would; she's a pampered pooch after all.) But, I couldn't let her settle for a naked pillow, right ?!
"Thank you for taking care of my needs,
mommy. I'll be napping in just a sec after
I do a wee bit of grooming."
"There. All clean. Nighty night."
She wasted no time hunkering down on her new plush! I'm glad she's getting in her double-digit hours of rest today so she can join me in the morning ... no one else is going to!! We'll see you after the popsicle run!

No comments:

Post a Comment