Monday, January 28, 2013

Here Kitty Kitty ...

In a last-minute switch-a-roo on pretty much everything I planned on for the morning, I wound up returning to the streets on which I started running in the first place today. It was a nice change of scenery including the fact that I ran it in completely the opposite direction that I used to. It's weird how everything looked entirely different just going a different way!

This run totally flew by which was fine because I had places to be and things to do. It turns out this route is also more flat than the ones I now run, so that helped in the speed-this-up process! It was also nice to feel totally awesome on roads where I used to struggle, but that's another story entirely.

My favorite moment today was when I saw Elly perk up like this ...
"I'm on alert!"
... because she spied this:
"I see you. And, I'm not afraid."
"I could lay you out, and I know it."

You already know I dig kitties; this one was particularly cool because its tail was like a raccoon's only with orange and white stripes. I tried to take a picture of its very awesome tail, but Elly was being too foolish for focus.
A spastic dog does not a tripod make.
"Hey. You and the beast. Bug off."
We didn't linger too long (back on that places-to-be thing), but we were there long enough for Elly's tugging to do this to my finger:
Holding the leash caused the key ring to dig right on in there!
Was that necessary?
"I was willing to endure all kind of pain if
I needed to protecting you from that beast.
Because I am awesome. So, enough about
the finger."
One more mile remained after the kitty encounter, and we cruised right along to its finish! While Elly will be disappointed that the leash will stay on its hook in the morning, I, on the other hand, look forward to the Rest Day! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment