Friday, January 25, 2013

New Read

I stole some pockets of time throughout today to browse a new read I just picked up yesterday while standing in line at Kohl's waiting to pay:
It was an impulse buy at the register.
For real.
You might recall my noting how my eyes are always peeled for kitchen swaps but that I don't pour a lot of time and energy into actually seeking them. Stumbling upon them makes me happy, though, so you know I was stoked to see swaps right there at the bottom of the cover ... not just words, but pictures !! Hey, I'm a visual gal.

For only $5, (yes ... FIVE!), this book is chock full of goodness from grocery store swaps, restaurant swaps, recipes, realistic workout routines, calorie burn charts ... all sorts of good tid bits!! Reading through it was like having a slice of real life in my hand ... nothing hurried, nothing extreme. It's just a book of tips, hints and common sense. With pictures!

This book is a great compliment to making sound choices for good fuel to keep me keepin' on!! The strength training exercises in it were also appealing, so I'll try them very soon and report. I'm all about being strong, but I'm not about being extreme about it (Jane Fonda, anyone?!). These looked right up my ally!!

I'll share some goodness as I come across it here and there! Meanwhile, while I was reading, Lizzy kept herself busy:
See that dark spot behind her head on the
couch? That's no shadow ... that's wet
from her incessant licking of that spot.
True story. Oh, and she's gross.
I hope it was a fantastic Friday for you!! I'll be checking in tomorrow after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment