Monday, January 7, 2013

Some Things Never Change

The mighty duo was back it this morning for our first run of the New Year! I was getting a little bugged by all of those zeros on the days and miles counts up there, so this was well timed. I was also getting a little bugged by you-know-who for most of the run. In case you're wondering ...
The culprit. As if you didn't know.
When I wanted to go left, she wanted to go right. We were running alongside some pillars, and the girl bobbed her way toward their line after we passed each one. It was like Olympic slalom skiing for her and a good bicep workout for me as I pulled her out of the way from clotheslining herself on the next one coming. Oh, and there was this other time we were running along and she caught a whiff of some bacon cooking ("whiff" is actually an understatement ... it was like a wall  of bacon smell. We were right outside of a restaurant, it wasn't as random as it sounds.), and she went a little nutty trying to figure out which way to turn to get to it.

Seriously. Annoying.

But, I do so love her.
"It's impossible not to love this face,
Mommy. Now, get ready for a *slurp* !"
I also love having found more money than miles on the first day back:
Almost double the money for the miles ... outstanding!
The shoe report is a good one -- I have some getting used to to do, but they don't slip off the backs of my feet which is major plus. Score a point in the win column for the shoes right next to look fabulous.

This week is all about getting back in the swing any way I choose because next week begin the training runs! In the meantime, tomorrow's a regular Rest Day, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment