Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh, the Drama

*sigh* The forecast was as promised:
Yes, we need it ... I was hoping there'd be a break in the
showers where I could sneak in the run. No such luck!
I wasn't the only one bummed:
"I can take the rain when I'm with you, Mommy. Let's go!"
And, then I had to leave that sweet face and really bum myself out:
Ho-ly-crap, that thing is sooooo dusty! Maybe that's why it
made new, weird sounds today. The dust was inhibiting the
normal operations.
Two nights ago, I even had a conversation with a friend about how I will cheer anyone who uses a treadmill on a normal basis because I hate it so much that I admire others who will do it. Believe when I say there was nothing admirable about my attitude this morning! I missed outside!!

I think it was a combination of treadmill delirium and a really, really long day that caused me to actually purchase out-of-season-not-on-a-great-sale blueberries:
I bought some about a week ago at a better price, and they were really pretty good for not being in season! So, today, it just had to happen again. Good stuff for the oatmeal!

I've definitely figured out that, like anything else, once running was established in my world that not every run can be super fun. I'm pretty good about that on the road, but on the treadmill? Bleh! But, the three good things that came from today's non-adventure (seriously ... there is no adventure to that contraption):
  1. I ran the miles I planned anyway without excusing myself from them because of the weather.
  2. It made me loony, so I bought some blueberries.
  3. I was able to see what was coming up on the next Dr. Phil so I could bump it off the DVR schedule; the next show wasn't going to be the good stuff of people being fools and Dr. Phil getting all up their biz ... was totally too serious and creepy for me!
There. Positives. And, tomorrow's Rest Day, so no matter the weather, it'll be a great day!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment