Friday, January 18, 2013

Running Itself Isn't the Only Good Idea


Okay, this week had a big money theme going on, so I may as well wrap up this stretch of weekdays the same way!

I think I mentioned that Aaron and I decided to put all money we find just walking around in a jar to also give to the Food Bank at Thanksgiving. We started throwing the loose change in there on January 1, and to date, there is $2.51 in that jar!

The most recent deposit was yesterday when I found a nickel in the drive-up ATM lane. Now, usually when you get money at the bank that's not yours, you get in a lot of trouble. (Of course, under such a circumstance, you also leave with more than a nickel and you don't loop around the building just to drive next to the ATM lane to pick up the nickel in broad daylight, but whatever.)

We've always had fun finding pennies (or quarters!) here and there, but it's even more fun now that we can see it build and know it's going somewhere it's needed and can be well used!! It's pretty cool this little project came about piggy-backed off of my mileage money. And, both ideas came about while out there running. I'd say that's a pretty good use of my time all the way around!

Happy Friday everyone! I'll see you after the morning run with whomever is actually joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment