Sunday, July 22, 2012

Here Fishy, Fishy!

I'm noticing the following theme in my life as of late: There is nothing particularly restful on my Rest Days!

I remember 2 summers ago when I adopted the Rest Day notion. I made sure I was as chilled out as possible on those days, or I wouldn't be able to run the next one! Fast-forward two summers, and things are very different. I can't help but wonder what duties and activities I was completely ignoring in those days to actually feel rested?! In fairness, running whipped me so bad then that I needed that kind of down time! Now, I would just like it in general having nothing to do with running!

Rest Days have become good-nutrition target days for me. I make a good effort most of the time (great compared to a few years ago, so, insert mini celebration here), but I'm far from perfect, so using the days before running to laser in on gives those meals great focus and purpose. This latest effort from the kitchen was no exception!

For some reason, for the past few months, I have been craving trying fish tacos! I'm not a huge fish fan, but I am a huge fan of the health benefits of eating it. While the McDonald's fish sandwich makes for some happy taste buds (um, remember how it fueled the night before my first Half Marathon?!), it's not the greatest choice there on the nutrition charts compared to eating just fish. I mean, duh.

Last year, I figured out I (and the rest of the family) really digs the taste of tilapia, and now that I've found it big-time economical (thank you, Aldi!!), it's making a household comeback! Bring on the fish tacos!!
Because I assumed (whoopsie!) the taco toppings would mix
and flavor up the fish, I didn't season it with anything. At all.
That was a mistake as tilapia is so almost not-there in terms of
taste. Next time, a little bit of salt and pepper will do the trick!
I had to mention ... does this look like a baby spinach leaf?
Just asking ...
We had all kinds of toppings -- I went for the spinach, black
beans, green chilis, tofu fiesta dip and a pinch of cheese. Oh,
and I'm a huge fan of La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious
products, so I bought their small-sized wraps, green onion
flavor. SUPER YUM all the way around!
I'm still craving doing these again, so at this week's shop stop, more tilapia will hit the cart, and we'll be back at it! In the meantime, I still have to get those training miles on the calendar!! It took the back burner today not only because the day has been beginning-to-end packed, but I also know I have a week or two before I have to pay closer attention to the miles. Right now, I know I'm on target, so I'm giving myself a bit of grace instead of pressure. (That doesn't happen often enough, so I'm giving it a whirl!)

Speaking of running, I'm back to it tomorrow ... see you after!!

No comments:

Post a Comment