Monday, July 2, 2012

Feet Meet Brain

Q: What's better than starting the day off with a huge stress reliever?
A: Looking back on it after a long, stressful day!

Woo-whee, that's a statement I never thought I'd be making about running! It shouldn't surprise me at this point in my escapades. But, it still does.

This morning's run was outstanding. My brain has been on overload in the problem-solving arena, and I noticed this morning that my pace kept up with the brain waves. It was really pretty cool! The more I put pieces into place mentally, the stronger I felt and the better my running. THAT was FABULOUS!

Do you know what wasn't fabulous? There I was, running along minding my own business when I kicked some dried doggie doo on the sidewalk. I mean really. It was the sidewalk, it wasn't like I was running through the dog park. Ugh.
I keep meaning to switch these shoes out for my new ones ... I
was so very glad I hadn't yet done that yet! I was also glad that
doo was very dry ...
Ah, but I was rewarded around the corner with one of these ...
It simply never ceases to amaze me that I continue to find them!

I also found this:
Now, that's a new one on me. I've come across many items while running including a spoon, part of a play pen, and a door knob, but never a movie. I did look to see what the title was, but I'd never seen it, so it didn't register long enough to report. Oh well, my full brain probably just pushed that little nugget out so it wouldn't take up memory room!

By the way, speaking of focus, I found two more pennies before finishing my run which is awesome! But, check it out -- you know how you have to focus on your balance when you're walking forward but looking to the side? Yeah, I don't have that problem ... but, I do have to really concentrate when I'm facing forward when I run so that I don't veer to the side! I know I've mentioned that before, but it's really becoming common place. Good golly, what have I done to myself?

I don't care. It's fun!

So, the very warm run ended with some bank and a nice, cold water ...
Mmm ... guess which hand is holding what
I value more in this moment? It's the WATER!
... before I headed off to do my Total Gym when I realized there's a piece broken on it. It's the part that holds the resistance level in place, so, umm ... I'm thinking: Important. Wanna know a secret? I don't even care if it's broken. I wouldn't have chosen for that to happen, but it's okay. It happens, and we've gotten a ton of use out of it for years. Besides, I just got some more hand weights and -- super bonus -- ankle weights so I will be able to accomplish what I want without it. Aaron's going to check  out the Total Gym contraption and give the verdict. I'm not hopeful that it can be fixed. (ONE LESS THING IN MY WAY! Oh ... I mean ... Whatever he can do or not is totally fine!)

Tomorrow is a WELCOMED Total Rest Day!! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment