Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Go, Women, GO!!

Do you ever wake up in the morning and are just craving something in particular for breakfast? I used to not be much of a breakfast fan, but in the past year, I've grown to love my breakfast of scrambled egg whites, oatmeal and a glass of cold milk. Mmmm ... Once I discovered putting fruit in my oatmeal, I totally look forward to that meal! Ahh ... here it was in all its glory just hours ago ...
That is one mouth-watering bite after another!
You can see I overdid it on the strawberries this morning. But, really, can you overdo strawberries? I think not. And, the walnuts were a brand-spankin'-new addition this morning as I stole the idea from McDonald's and their new oatmeal offerings:
While you can buy a whole lot of oats or
a lot of strawberries for the $2 this cost, I
have to hand it to them that it's delicious!
Frankly, this was the perfect cuisine to start my day!

By the way, I found a bit of time yesterday to read a couple more pages of my May/June 2012 Women's Running magazine, and I stumbled upon this Olympic fact: The Women's Olympic Marathon event debuted at the 1984 Los Angeles Games!! 1984!! How crazy is it that it's that young of an event in the Olympics?! I guess it's even crazier that there had to be such a push and lobby to get it there. I just can't wrap my mind around not allowing women the opportunity to compete as runners. I guess I'm fortunate that I can't understand it ...

See you after tomorrow's early, very hot, competitive-in-my-own-mind run!

No comments:

Post a Comment