Saturday, July 21, 2012

Away We Go!!

We really lucked out with the morning temperature today -- it was almost comfortable to head out for a run! So, Elly and I took off!
The cooler temps put much more of a spring in Elly's step than
has been there this week!
Ahh ... it was good to have her trot and enjoy looking around!
Aaron left the house shortly after Elly and
I to run an errand. It was my goal to make
it to our turn-around point before Aaron
passed us on his way home. It was like a
contest only he didn't know he entered.
And, we won! This is Elly all perked up
after hearing him honk on his way past.
She was so excited to see him but didn't know where he went.
She looked everywhere, even behind her, and he was nowhere
to be found. Behind her. Silly dog.
By the half-way point of the run, I was already banking 11 cents, and that was sweet!! I was pondering how cool it was to add this change to my cash count for the Food Bank when DOUBLE BAM I found two nickels!! And, as an added bonus, another penny was right down the road! That's some seriously good fortune!
It wasn't long after that I came across this sign. Props to the
creators, it was fabulous garage sale publicity. I even had 22
cents jingling in my pocket ... HA! That's better spent at the
Food Bank!
With no real issue except for Elly getting startled by the Boston Terrier who took after us right at Mile 2 (I'm not kidding when I say that what I thought I heard was a leaf scurrying on the pavement turned out to be that Boston Terrier ... not really in tune with the ol' surroundings at that moment!), we victoriously rounded out our run!
But, look whom Elly went to first for her
post-run lovin'!!!
She received extra ear rubbing for that
while I had my water and made faces at
her.
WHATEV, I got the post-run pic without
her ...
... Oh, wait ... she can't resist the camera!
I'll see you tomorrow on Rest Day with reports from the kitchen and from the Half Marathon planning meeting with myself!! Yahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment