Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where Have You Been All My Summer?

I've made a new discovery ... it's totally not new to most people, but just in case it is to you, I must tell you ... it's this:
I got these at the April Expo for GO! St. Louis. I've never used any muscle pain relief, but seeing as they were practically being put in my swag bag for me*, I said thank you and ultimately put them in a very random place in my house. *Isn't it funny how some expo vendors throw a whole mess of stuff at you while others act like you should actually be paying for their samples? Just sayin'.

Anyway, I totally forgot I had these until I unearthed them just two days ago. I found them by my computer ... because, evidently, that's where sample packages of Icy Hot belong. Well, I've had a shoulder issue for a couple of weeks now from playing volleyball. (Did I say issue? I meant throbbing pain. It's been a blast.) I happened to look at these packets today, finally put one-and-one together and gave it a try ...

Oh ... my ... gosh ... it is WONDERFUL. Almost immediately, the dull, something's-inside-my-muscle-trying-to-bang-its-way-out feeling was relieved!! And, when that icy-then-hot thing happened?! Holy moly, I just had to sit down a minute and experience it! It reminded me of when Violet chews the gum she's not supposed to at Willie Wonka's factory and, before blowing up to a blueberry, she stands still and focuses on the symphony of flavor changes going on in her mouth. That's how I felt about the icy and the hot going on on my shoulder! Suhhhh ---weeeeeet!!!

The awesome thing is that the therapeutic feeling of this went on for hours. Hours, I tell you. Hours. I put it on around 5 p.m. and still felt the effects near midnight. That's some good stuff! Oh, and this smells really good! The package says it has a "fresh, clean scent" ... I don't dispute that, but there was the hint of the menthol there, too. That was okay with me, though, because I like that smell.

I am sooooo getting some of this goodness to have on hand!! If you have a muscle ache, swab some of this on ... it's fabulous! And, there's my amateur endorsement. Who doesn't want that?

From the pharmacy to the kitchen, I'll see you tomorrow with a new treat I stumbled across while checking out Runner's World on Facebook! WooHoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment