Monday, July 16, 2012

A Commitment of Change

You have seen what I've seen ...
Look familiar? It most definitely should as you've seen 'em all documented this year! Indeed, that's my found-change stash from running! I bring it up now because I finally decided to commit everything I find to our local food bank at their Thanksgiving food drive! They can purchase 15 pounds of food for every dollar donated, so, at this point alone, that's already 75 pounds of food!!

You might remember that, at the beginning of the year, I wanted to pursue having my miles sponsored so as to donate that money to a charitable organization. However, you also know I've been sideswiped by life pretty hard this year, and those matters have been immediate. So, the planning of my idea had to go to the wayside. For now.

But, that doesn't mean I can't do something, so I'm looking at this is starting small and building from here! WooHoo!! Lemonade from lemons, baby!

I can't wait to keep adding to this stash and to give it away!! But, those runs will start up again in a few days ... still chillin' right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment