Thursday, July 19, 2012

Oh, Morning, Why Do You Hate Me So?

I'm not sure how I ever incorporated this running thing into my world ... I'm just not a morning person, and Rest Week punctuated that emotion for me! So, suffice it to say, this morning was a killer in terms of getting up! I'll get back into the swing soon ... I hope!

Elly seemed in no real hurry to go with me this morning, either. Well, she was very excited to see the leash, but when we got outside and she noted the pace, she was all about taking her own sweet time. She warmed up quicker than yesterday, though, and, after a very necessary potty break, she regained the spring in her step. Whew! because I was in no mood to dawdle today!

I realized while out there that it's important for me to get the Half Marathon training miles on the calendar a.s.a.p. (which means 'before the weekend ends'). Having a specific, measurable goal in front of me is just what I need to completely reboot and inspire my system. Runs for the sake of running are great, don't get me wrong. But, nothing gets me going like aiming for a target!

We finished our run in due time with nothing really notable crossing our paths. Do you think Elly was ready to be finished and get inside?
"Let me in!!"
She and I both get a break tomorrow as it's a Rest Day! We'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment