Sunday, July 1, 2012

Checking In

You know how we often take time on New Year's Eve to reflect on the year? I say no time like the present! Let's run some numbers for the year smack-dab in the middle!

Miles I thought I'd run by now: Based on last year's 650-mile estimate for the year, I thought I'd have 325 by now.
Miles I have run: 392!! Yipp-eee!! I have to admit, though, as the miles were piling on, I was eyeballing having 400 on my shoes right now. Eh, whadda ya do. I don't feel like I ever slacked, and life stuff clocked me sideways a couple of times to shorten (not cancel: shorten) some of the intended long runs, so I totally celebrate 392!
Goal to complete as of 12/31/12: 800. I really want to complete that given how the first half of the year has gone!

Money I thought I'd find by now: While I really didn't know, I thought I'd find in the ballpark of 50 cents per month ... so ... $3 by now.
Money I've found: $4.92!
Money I've found during official runs: 2 cents!
Goal to find: Now, that's just silly as I can't control what's out there. BUT, to make it fun, you know I like to look at it as keeping my money count ahead of my miles. As of yesterday, I have exactly 100 cents more than miles which gives me a huge buffer for those runs that don't produce the cash! (What's up with those, anyway?)

Official runs I thought I'd have completed at this point: 3.
Official runs I've completed: 2. I missed the St. Pat's 5K because it was trumped by Half Marathon training. I'm pretty stoked that not only do I have one Half on my books for the year, but that this year, I will complete 2! Huge for me! Wahoo!!
Plan for by the end of the year: 4 more runs are definitely planned, one in each month of September, October, November and December! I'd love one more in there just for fun, but if these are the only ones, it's a schedule packed with fun!!
  1. September: The Komen Run where PC#2 joins me!
  2. October: Half Marathon!
  3. November: Family participation in the Turkey Trax!
  4. December: The Jingle Bell Run with my pal Woody! (At least that's my plan for him right now!)
And, we can't forget sweet Elly as we congratulate her for logging 121.95 miles so far this year! There is no goal for her as she can't control when she goes, and none of us can control the weather ... especially this crazy heat!! Anything she gets is a huge bonus for her (and for our toenail trimming issue), so her miles are icing on her cake of life!

And, while I've been doing this, let's check in and see what big-pawed Lizzy has been doing:
There she is having sweet kitty dreams ... Do you think those
huge paws would give her an advantage if she were a runner?
I will tell you they give her a huge advantage for catching
insects! Mmm ... tasty. To her ...
"Hey. YOU. Outta my face. Now, back to sleep."
And, there's the year so far!! Super-sweet!!! I'm putting in one more week then taking a Rest Week before turning everything toward Half Marathon training!! Mid-summer seemed a great time to take a break, then the lazy summer schedule turns more focused! Tomorrow's a normal running day, so I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment