Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just Keep Going

Today was a day to "just get it done" so much so I didn't even consider grabbing my camera. And, that's okay because the things I thought about the most while out with my pup today aren't tangible.

I was so thankful for --

* having the ability and strength to get out there when I was Completely. Exhausted.
* a family that is 100% supportive of me, no matter what I'm doing and, most certainly, regardless of how many miles I logged that day.
* tomorrow being Rest Day.

I'm proud of myself for getting out there today as it was the perfect one to say, "Um ... not today." And, there is no one who would have argued with me on that. But, I have worked past the days of having a reason to skip a day and have turned them around to understanding that those are the very days I need to give it all I've got on behalf of my own self. And, it always pays off. These kinds of exhausted days will pass, and there will be a return to normalcy. I want to be ready for that, and there's only one way to make it happen: Just Keep Going.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to using tomorrow to its fullest in terms of rest. I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment