Sunday, July 8, 2012

Relieved Excitement

You know that song about "one" being the loneliest number? Not today, and not about this! ONE MORE RUN 'TIL A BREAK!!

I'm sure it seems I'm more excited about this week off than I usually am. It's actually not so much that I'm excited as I am relieved. It's like this -- When I take a week off post-Half Marathon, there has been a huge build up both in terms of miles and anticipation. So, by the time I take that break, I spend half of it coming down from the post-Half high.

On the flip side, when I take a week off in the middle of "nothing," it's because I'm just spent. The miles have mostly been for maintenance, and running for that purpose is a different kind of wear and tear both physically and mentally. Hence: I'm MUCH more excited to take one off for the purpose of a break rather than for recovery!

So, there you have it -- the reason behind the relieved excitement! It's great timing and is just what I need to regroup and start being strategic to get ready for October's Half! Enjoy the rest of your day, and I'll see you after the morning (Just One) Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment