Saturday, July 28, 2012

Many Thanks

It was really hot and humid out there this morning, so instead of focusing on how much that sucked, I looked for the silver linings and found some! So, today's post is about thank yous ...

To Elly: Thank you for getting me up at 5:40 a.m. because you had to potty. It was then that I felt wonderfully crisp, morning air. I haven't felt that in a very long time, and it almost enticed me to go ahead and run. But, I didn't, and we went out two and a half hours later and many, many degrees hotter. So, thanks for making sure I knew what I'd missed ... But, thank you for going with me ...
"Aw, it was nothin'. See how I put on my
cute face so you'd take me anyway?"
To the people on my routes who never seem to care about picking up their money: I've said it before, and i'll say it again ... I don't get not picking it up, but I love finding it. I found one of your nickels today. Thanks for that. The Food Bank thanks you in advance, too.
There it is in Elly's shadow. Excellent!
To the dude I said "hello" to as I rounded the corner: Thank you for understanding that when I have sweat in my eyes and look toward you -- which is also into the sun -- that it makes me look like this:
There's something wrong with that girl ...
To the lady walking her baby and her dog: Thank you for retracting your dog's retractable leash when you saw us coming. Your dog was so happy all the way across the street from you, but you took us into consideration instead. Not everyone will do that. Thank you.

Again to Elly: Thank you for making your lingering potty stop in the shade!
Finally, I'm thankful for tomorrow's Rest Day!! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment