Sunday, January 31, 2016

Personal Throwbacks

I had just about convinced myself to get up and go for a short run or a long walk this morning when I decided falling back to sleep sounded even better than either of those ideas. Sleep = Good.
Not that I fell asleep in my supper dish ...

Speaking of which, today was monumental for me: I bought my first-ever pork loin. TA-DA!! Seriously, this is huge. For my entire adult life, I've stuck to ground turkey and big bags of frozen chicken. Throw in pork steaks here and there, and that's called variety around here! (This is where my parents duck and hide; they totally brought me up wayyyyy different in the meals department than what my kids experience ...) Anyway, a crock pot recipe for cooking pork loin came through my Facebook feed, and the intimidation of making one went out the window!

I love that particular website for finding Trim Healthy Mama recipes, by the way, so it's a great one to bookmark if you like it, too. I particularly love that most ingredients and prices she finds, I can, too, including today's pork loin.

I know this is far from a big deal for most people, but it's really quite huge for me. My pursuit of feeling energized and healthy via the THM guidelines has more than forced me out of my comfort zones and into a whole new world. The pork loin is slated for tomorrow's dinner; I'll let you know if it is a winner or if that particular part of the new world falls flat!

I really do have to laugh at myself about this one; pork loin was something of a standard meal when I grew up. Tomorrow's dinner will be something of a flashback ...

Oh, speaking of flashbacks, I have to share this before signing off: The other day, I was cleaning out the marker drawer. (Yes, that's what I said. Cleaning out the marker drawer. You know. It's when you scribble with every marker in there to see how many are still good and how many are just hanging out taking up their piece of dried-out space.) That drawer has been in existence for more than a decade, and there was random crap in the bottom of it to prove it. But, amongst the crap was this gem:
It's just a little monster Pit Crew #3 made. I'm certain it's one of an army he made, but this is the one that was the fittest of the survivors. I love knowing that it once came to life -- lots of life. I love coming across such things. They just make me smile.

May something random, found in a really odd place, make you smile today or soon!! Speaking of smiling, I'll be checking in after the morning run ...

No comments:

Post a Comment