Friday, January 22, 2016

In No Hurry

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 41.3 (running: 40.6; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 18.9  Money Found For Food Bank: $19.68
 
Given other obligations, I couldn't have run yesterday had I wanted to. But, when I looked outside at the time I would have been running, I wanted to be out there soooooooooo bad!
It's impossible to tell from this picture,
but it was snowing!!
While I can find merit in many weather scenarios as they relate to running, I do believe running-while-snowing is my very, very favorite. Yesterday's snow would have been perfect, too, as the flakes were a good size, and they were in no hurry to make it to the ground. They just drifted. And, I watched. Until I looked at the clock and had an, "Oh, CRAP!" moment and had to go on to my appointment!

I thought about running during the entire drive.

So, running was out yesterday but in today! I think I heard the real temperature was 20 degrees, but the wind chill made it feel like 10. Honestly, it felt worse than that; I was downright cold when running into it. At least the cold didn't freeze my brain senses so I could be on the lookout for this:
Yeah, today constituted a few walk breaks because mama's not running on the multiple ice landmines! There were some sidewalk stretches with packed snow that I could run on, but I've learned not to test the uneven, unpredictable ones!

The snow made finding money difficult but not impossible (a penny a mile today -- remember when that used to be the hope?). And, while it made for some treacherous spots, it also made some really pretty ones:
Like yesterday's snowfall, I was in no hurry to finish today even though it was super cold. I might have to adjust that drive for tomorrow, though, because I believe I have convinced Aaron to go with me in the morning run/speed walk. He's not terribly excited about it because it's supposed to be rather cold again, similar to today, but I kind of ignored that feedback and am planning on it being a duo effort!

Stay warm, stay safe if you're in the line of the blizzard, and I'll be checking in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment