Thursday, January 14, 2016

Simple and Good

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 28.7 (running: 28; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 13.9  Money Found For Food Bank: $17.10
 
It was a balmy 37 degrees out this morning -- a perfect one for a run!! Sunshine, no wind ... what more could I ask for?!

Elly and I took off and thoroughly enjoyed our outing together! She smelled all kinds of good smells while I took in all kinds of good sights ...
Our shadows are on the rock ... So, there's that tree, then Elly
is the little blob to its right, and then I'm next!
This run felt great, and I have to credit the return to eating like a normal, healthy person post holiday! I enjoyed my holiday with a bounty of popcorn (mmmmm ...), but, by the end, I was ready to feel better! I went right back to the guidelines as set out by the Trim Healthy Mama ladies, and I felt better after only 3 days. And, now, two weeks later, I'm ready to cruise the streets! I know how much of a difference this eating plan made in my GO! St. Louis run last year; I'm pretty stoked to go into this year's way ahead of the nutrition game!

This return to energy is a little disappointing to Elly because she has to work a little harder when she joins me. I think her indulgence on the couch for the rest of the day helps with that, though!
Before she hit the couch, I hit the grocery store for a few items. I didn't know going in that a few items would translate into a flat of blueberries!

'Gotta love the off-season sale prices!!

Assuming the overnight rain gets out of here by morning as is currently forecast, I will be back at it tomorrow! I'm in the mood to free up Saturday morning, so, let's see if that can happen! Good luck with whatever you are planning, and I'll check in tomorrow with the recap or with a super-simple, awesome recipe ...! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment