Monday, January 25, 2016

Ready Or Not, Here's Monday!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 50.9 (running: 50.2; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 24  Money Found For Food Bank: $27.31
 
You think you have Monday trauma,
talk to the gerbils who are waking up
to this ...!
I just got an email from a friend who said she's experiencing her "usual Monday motivation problems." I responded letting her know I was having no motivation problems, per se, but my motivation continues toward things I want to get accomplished vs. those things I need to attend to. At least there's accomplishment in there to start the week, and this morning's run was the first on the list!

Elly and I set sail on a very chilly 37-degree morning. I dressed for the weather, but there was still a bite to the air. Anyway, I didn't have an exact plan this morning in large part to support my quest of not running the same route two times in a row. So, instead this morning, I knew the general direction I wanted to head, about how far it would be and the point where we'd turn back around. Other than that, the roads were ours to explore!

It was an adventure for sure. All roads and sidewalks had both clear and snow-patch spots. Some of the clear spots had evidence of melted snow. And, some of those wet places were icy. But, some weren't. And, some of the snow was still just snow and easy to walk over. But, other snow spots? Yeah, those were ice mounds. And, there was no possible way until getting right on top of any of it if to tell what we were dealing with. It was that sucky inconsistent. And, it made for quite the adventure including a mid-run prayer of thanks that I didn't slip sideways off of what I thought was a little mound of snow and onto the hood of a parked car. Fo'real.

Our new route brought about even more opportunities to find money for the Food Bank, and find we did! Today's total was $5.55 in change (whuuuuuuuut?!) including a $1.50 in one fell swoop:
You've often heard me say that I don't really understand when people leave a smattering of pennies on the ground. I mean, I don't but I do ... but, I don't ... I get I put more value on pennies than others. But, when did the value of quarters go up for debate?? As Aaron often says when we find silver on the ground, "These people know they can exchange this for goods and services, right?" Whatever, now the Food Bank will use it!
 
Like I said, I didn't know how many miles comprised this route, but, clearly, all systems were good for both me and Elly as it wound up being a half mile longer than our usual route.
Yahoo!!
A half mile is huge for her which is probably why she passed on her breakfast and went straight to the couch for a day-long nap ...
Tomorrow is another day and another run! This week is pretty normal with 4 runs planned including Saturday's virtual 10K! It'll be a fun week before the training schedule begins! Here's to hoping your Monday starts out better than my friend's and our gerbils'!, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment