Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dime a Dozen

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 55.5 (running: 54.8; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 28.6  Money Found For Food Bank: $29.14
 

In many ways, this run was a dime a dozen (which is different from the fact that I found almost a dozen dimes today), but it was fun nonetheless. I'm really liking changing routes each run; it definitely cuts out any stretch of boredom, and I can totally feel the challenge it's putting on my muscles. Huh. Look what happens when you listen to the repeated advice of experts: It works!

It was 20 degrees with the wind chill (the 20 is fine for me; the wind is what sucks), but it was made better when the snowflakes started to fall!! It was just a little flurry situation, but I was so glad we got to experience it!
There's a flake on her head and on her lower ear. Thanks for
catching them just for me!!
There were a lot more runners out this morning than I tend to see. And, every one of us looked cold. Just ... cold. This is supposed to be the coldest of the week although I'm confident that right behind the little warm up will be another temperature drop. Enduring the weather roller coaster around here is an endurance training all on its own!!

My current debate is whether to run tomorrow or Friday. Thursday is already out because I made awesome morning plans, and I need one more before Saturday's 10K. This is the last debate I'll have with myself over the running schedule until late May, and I can't seem to make up my mind! After a couple of months of winging it, I think I'm looking forward to going back to the calendar telling me what to do! But, before that, I need to finish out this week. I know how it ends, but I haven't decided exactly how to get there!

May your day's decisions either be easy or be about something as non-earth-shattering as my debate, and I'll check in tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment