Sunday, January 10, 2016

And, That's the Weekend

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 18.1 (running: 17.4; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 9.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $16.10
 
I think when I report that we spent the entire day yesterday taking our bazillion ornaments off of our Christmas Trees, it is clear where my time went! I did not even see a computer but for mere moments yesterday. And, that's okay. The ornaments got put away yesterday -- one tree in reasonable, organized fashion and the other in such a way that I could not be described as anything less than a Tasmanian devil -- and the trees got down and are put away as of mere moments ago. While Aaron took on the put-away task, I devoted my early afternoon to a long overdue kitchen reorganization. Can I get a hearty, "Ahhhhhh ..."?!

That the reorganization exposed areas that now need cleaning need not be discussed.

Before all of that, though, was an adventurous Saturday morning. You might recall Aaron wanted "go for a run" to be code for "go get a bagel," but he allowed the compromise to be first one, then the other! I knew there was snow in the forecast, but we weren't supposed to get more than an inch, nor was it to start in the morning as far as we knew.

We were totally wrong! Almost as soon as we started going, the flakes began. And, they just kept coming!!
Three miles into it, we were getting pelted
by a snow-sleet combo!! Whee!!
The snow totally made up for the fact that the wind was pretty brutal depending on the direction we were facing. Aaron noted getting the little pellets in his eyes, but I wasn't paying much attention as I was running with my tongue hanging out because you could actually feel the snow hit! It was totally fun.

This is what we saw when we got in the car when we finished:
The weather was more than we bargained for, but I was glad to have not understood what was going to happen before we set out because, frankly, we would have passed and missed it all!

We believe we have Elly to thank for the weather because I'd put her "Let It Snow" bandana on her right before we left the house.
There's a lot still left to tend to this weekend so as to get the week started out right, and it's time to get back to it! The plan is to run in the morning unless the wind chill is below 0! Start your week off the best you can, and I'll be checking in with the verdict from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment