Monday, January 11, 2016

I Shouldn't Check My Facebook Before I Run

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 21.1 (running: 20.4; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 9.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $16.22
 
Before I headed out today, I checked my Facebook feed where the very first post was a friend announcing she and her husband are splitting up, divorce merely pending. And, it made my heart ache. Unfortunately, this isn't uncommon around me. At all. After touching base with my friend who posted, I got up, hugged the kids and moved forward with my morning plans thankful that my biggest grievance was the wind chill. News like that calls for a run, planned or not.

So, off I went -- 19 actual degrees registering at 3 with the wind -- and it was fabulous after the first half mile which I needed to warm my body up. Admittedly, my heart was heavy which required its own kind of work to relieve, but the run was really, really good.

Did I mention it was cold? Yeah, but it was also beautiful:
There was a lot of evidence of being out and about. Of course, there were many of these:
And, there were a few of these:
And, what do you know, but I even saw some of these!
Itty bitty birdie feeties!!!
This was a lot less common ...
... but, I did pause long enough to realize just how brave anyone on a bike is today because the cheeks have got to be burning!! Kind of like mine started to after the first mile; see?
Rosy. From being bitten like hell by Jack Frost. I dig him,
though, because he makes the snow all sparkly.
While I was out doing this, Elly was doing this:
I don't like taking her out in these temps. After a while, the cold hurts the pads on her paws especially if they get clogged with snow. No one likes that!!

It was a beautiful run although a pretty funky one. I'm very bothered by how many couples are splitting around me. Very. Hurts my heart.

And, tomorrow? I go back for more. I'm sure I'll be solo as it's supposed to again be bitter! I hope your Monday started off strong; I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment