Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Stopping Is For Suckers

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 24.1 (running: 23.4; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 9.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $16.54
 
I braved the Facebook feed this morning (no bad news: hooray!) as well as the elements. This morning was a super-crisp 23 degrees with a feels-like-5 wind chill. That's not horrible running weather for me, but it does leave me with little to no control over my runny nose.

I suspect we are all now thankful I forgot to put the memory card in the camera. That's actually too bad, though, because I saw three blue jays toward the end of my outing. I was taught (long, long ago and have since dismissed it) to not like blue jays because they can be destructive or they're mean or something. I really don't know and don't care; they're beautiful. Picture them in your mind's eye against the white snow in a tree. It was worth stopping in the cold to look at for a minute. But, for only a minute because the stop made the blood flow slow and I got all sweaty and started to get really, really, really cold! I'm not sure I've ever run to the end of this route as fast as I did today ...

I got home to see watch another kind of battle stage itself. This one:
It's a daily standoff. It's ridiculous.

Tomorrow's plan is to rest and, perhaps, let it warm up a smidge?! Whether it does or not, it's a day for a break! Frankly, knowing that helped me get out and get the run done today, so don't underestimate the power of small reward!! Take care where you are, and I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment