Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Accomplished

There is a slew of examples any of us can give about what we consider our life challenges. From family crises to personal challenges to any of the 'damn-dailies,' we've all been there.

I note up front that today's biggest challenge -- which resulted in today's biggest victory -- is not life changing, and I'm thankful for not having any such thing to tackle today. With that out of the way, I present the following:
It's hung.

You might remember I got this for Christmas. And, when you get such a spectacular gift, it takes time to find just the right place for it. I thought I had such a place picked out, but I'm glad I waited to hang it because it wound up in an even better spot. YAHOO!!

It's not just that it's finally hung; it's that its frame is one of the more difficult to navigate and finally get on the nail. I didn't know that until I attempted it, and I will spare you of the story breakdown. But, when I could tell it was just about there, I could hear Joey Tribbiani's voice in that episode of Friends when he sits down to an entire Thanksgiving turkey and says, "You are my Everest!" Now, he was intending to eat that whole turkey, and I had no designs on doing such a thing with my picture. But, I could relate to the sentiment of having conquered something huge!

And, I thought the day's biggest accomplishment was going to be having dusted every room in the house all in the same day. I did that, too, but that was child's play compared to the picture hang. I'm thinking that picture will join the ranks of a couple of others we have where I have sworn they are never, ever coming down because I don't want to again deal with putting them up. Never say never, but I will bask in this glory every time I go down the stairs!

Tomorrow's morning run will be far less of a challenge than that picture, but it will bring about its own brand of accomplishment! Celebrate what you tackle today, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment