Saturday, January 30, 2016

Perfect

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 66 (running: 65.3; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 39.1  Money Found For Food Bank: $31.68

This morning was perfect. On the way to our starting point, Aaron was playing awesome jams in the car that I normally listen to before a big run. It was 40 degrees. It was a little damp. It felt exactly the way most morning of a Half Marathon feel. It reminded me of why I signed up for the one in April, and it motivated me to want to start training.

But, this morning was about me and my pup. She pulled back just a wee bit on the last half of one of the hills in the fourth mile, but that was it. She did great. There was nothing to worry about with her.

I told Aaron there was no way we'd get to the finish before 9 a.m. That was mostly due to not wanting to push Elly, but I admit that just gives me an excuse to chill here and there (because I can).

We showed up to the finish before 9 a.m. Clearly, there was nothing to worry about for our girl.
We did great. I'm super pumped for all of the upcoming events. And, I remain crazy thankful for Elly. This was the perfect morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment