Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Falling Back Into Pace

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 9.5 (running: 8.8; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 5.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $15.14
 
The worst part about running this morning was the very strong, very sustained, waft of Chinese food smell that hit me in my second mile. I should mention it smelled freakin' delicious. It didn't seem to matter that it wasn't even 8 a.m., my taste buds shouted YES. No 'please,' just YES. I really couldn't imagine why I was smelling that so early in the morning, but I wasn't complaining except in my head where I was all "No fair!! I totally want some now!". It just smelled good and made me want to nosh instead of run! But, that's not what we were there for ...

In fact, that smell was a pleasant divergence from the fact that my face was freezing. I believe the words I heard right before turning off the weather were, "... but the wind chill makes it feel like 11." Yeah, a 20 degree difference from "is" to "feels like" kind of blows (no pun intended) until my face either catches up with the temperature rise in the rest of my body (somewhere in Mile 2) OR it just goes numb to the point I don't even realize my nose is draining until I start to thaw. I'll still take the tolerable (= above 0) cold over heat any day of the week. It's actually quite perfect for Elly, too.
"Yeeeeee-aahh, boiiiiii!" Elly's so cool.
Tomorrow is jam-packed full trying to get the tidbits cleaned up from break and catching up things to the point it never looked like I was way, way behind, so that's where the entirety of tomorrow is going! It's a two-day stint of resting from running given the schedule, but I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment