Monday, February 1, 2016

I Can See Clearly Now ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 70.6 (running: 69.9; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 39.1  Money Found For Food Bank: $32.35

It's not only Monday, it's NEW CONTACTS DAY!!
I am among the 30-day contacts wearers of the world, and I love when it's the day to change them! I love my eye doctor and his seeming super-powers to have gotten me with awesome contacts, but even he cannot make days 28 and 29 especially clear. At least it's only those two days, and they just get me all pumped for the change!! There's nothing like seeing everything very clearly!! WAHOO!!

I can't complain that the contacts take a dive in those last few days of existence because they take a beating with this running gig. Between the amount of sweat from the runs to whatever soap eeks in there during a shower, it's amazing they last as long and as well as they do!

I'd blame poor vision for not understanding the calendar and training schedule and not realizing training doesn't start until next week. But, that would imply that I looked at the calendar and was somehow confused. Nope. This was just my normal brand of doofiness in that I didn't look at the calendar at all. I really just thought it started the first week of February and went with it. Whoops.

So, that leaves me with another week to do with what I will. That's gotten on my nerves lately, though, so I've at least committed to which days I will run (today, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday). How far will remain in question. I've decided I can live with that!

Today's 4.6 mile, 67-cent outing was a really good one. I didn't take Elly as I wanted to give her one more day to rest after Saturday's run. She hardly moved around yesterday and didn't eat very much, so I know she was recovering from it. Watching her gave me flashbacks to my first Half Marathon when I realized the run was on a Sunday, but I'd have to get up the next morning to get little people to school. I was all, "I'm going to have to move?!?! So, I get it. And, she's much more like herself today even though her couch sprawls of yesterday and today look much different!
Looks pretty normal to me!
Today, she has gotten up more, eaten and even got up to ask if she could come with me this morning. So, she'll be joining me later in the week!

So, tomorrow is reserved for Rest especially because there is rain in the forecast! I'll be checking in, though ... gotta report on how that pork loin turned out! Have a perfect kind of Monday! Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment