Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome To 2016. Finally.

I had 15 items on my to-do list today, and I accomplished 9 1/2 of them plus a couple of other things I didn't even have on said list. I call the day a WIN. Most notably, I finally got the 2016 calendar up without missing anything days 1 through 5!!
I even got my training schedule for April's Half written in there. I don't have to start the miles for it until the first of February. That's not really the greatest news because it makes the weeks in between drag a bit because I have to fight with myself (who wants that?!) about how far to run and exactly when. I sometimes like that freedom, but a month of it is too long. I'm going to need focus. I hear a virtual run calling to the rescue ...

Oh, speaking of focus and goals, I have decided on a 1,000-mile movement goal. I suspect that will be made up almost entirely of running, but walking and biking for exercise count, too. I don't really care about the combo's ratio, but the 1,000-mile mark has served me well these past two years in terms of motivation. I've already made a huge chip in it, too, right?! Nine and a half miles so far ... I am burning it up!

So, anyway, I managed to get mostly caught up on some things that really need to be fully caught up (my boss doesn't read my blog, right?), and I did a number of other things furthering me into 2016. But, this is still in our window ...
I make no apologies. I love that thing.

Tomorrow is another day off of running given other obligations that can't be to-do-listed-and-post-poned, so I'll be checking in later in the day or after the Friday morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment