Thursday, February 26, 2015

You're Not Supposed To Heat Your House With the Oven

So, it was a seriously cold Rest Day (and an even colder night!! I'm not too optimistic about my Saturday long run being outside, by the way). I spent a great majority of it in the kitchen keeping myself warm by the oven!

Breakfast included one of my new favorites thanks to a tip from the Trim Healthy Mama book: a teaspoon of stevia swirled in plain Greek yogurt makes that stuff taste fantastic!! Add a little fruit, and there's another little slice of heaven at breakfast!
I was also reintroduced to roasted garbanzo beans, but, this batch was delicious ...
... unlike the batch I made a few years ago that had lime in it. Totally gross. These? One can of rinsed garbanzo beans coated in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder. Mmmm ... perfect as-is or on my lunch salad!! WAHOO!! Roasted at 450 degrees, those bad boys helped me stay warm this afternoon!

And, for dinner? (Might as well round this out ...) Crustless quiche with spinach, cheese, onion salt and pepper:
Hell Yes.
Even Pit Crew #3 enthusiastically threw his piece down the hatch. I wasn't sure he would with no bacon in there!

So, last night, PC#3 was making dessert with me, and he licked the spoon we used for the unsweetened cocoa powder before I could warn him. hahahahahaha!

It was a full, productive day. Even for Elly. Because she filled her pout quota.
"None -- I repeat -- None of that food was for me. SIGH."
Tomorrow's a day to rest, watch the weather and decide what to do on Saturday! Eeeks. Saturday ... I'll just think about that tomorrow ... see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment