Sunday, February 15, 2015

Yeeeouch

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 138.2 (running: 87.6; walking: 8.4; biking: 38.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $22.59

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 138.2  Aaron: 129.6 (b: 113.6; w: 16)  Elly: 29.3 Total: 297.1

Holy. MOLY. This morning's run was cooooooooold!!! It was definitely weather better suited for a Frozen Booty title than yesterday's! But! I'm so very glad it wasn't as cold yesterday; it's one thing to subject myself to such a thing, but I would hate for Pit Crew #2 to feel either obligated to continue or bad for saying stop. That's not a fair position for a kid no matter how good our relationship, so I see yesterday's weather as a huge gift!!

I was actually planning on riding the bike for today's miles after seeing last night's forecast. At that point, it was reported we'd have negative wind chills, and that's where I draw the line. But, when I got up, the wind chills made the 18 degrees feel in the single digits, so I was all about it. Because outside trumps inside every time.

I took my interval trainer with me, and we got along most of the time. There's a particular hill that she just loves to stop and sniff and mark every time she gets a chance. It's soooo annoying. But, it's also really good for me with the intervals when I actually use it that way, so I guess it's all in what I decide. I admit it takes me about half the hill to remember I can actually make such a decision. Oh, and it was up that hill that the wind was coming right at us. We were heading the same direction later in the route when I took this:
I love when her ears are blowing! Look how straight out they are! Yeah ... that's the kind of wind that burns a girl's cheeks in this temperature! Yeeeouch! (They hurt enough in the first half mile I considered for a split second turning around and getting on the bike. Then, I didn't. Temps still in the positive zone? I'm staying outside!! I'm sure that rapid blood flow happening from the run helps ward off frostbite, right?! Hell, I don't know ...)

We struggled a wee bit together this morning, Elly and I, but we got the job done together:
Tomorrow's a Rest Day which is either perfectly timed to the weather (as it's supposed to snow ... we'll see ...) or it's simply perfectly timed for a small break! Either way, it's there on the calendar ready for me to enjoy! I hope your week starts out just the way you like! I'll be checking in with a few updates! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment