Thursday, February 12, 2015

Elly's Great Expectations

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 128.6  Aaron: 119.1 (b: 103.1; w: 16)  Elly: 25.9 Total: 264.5

It's been an awesome Rest Day around here. It was just what I needed to just regroup! Yahoo!!

Elly had one particular moment of disappointment today, though. It happened at the time I changed her bandana. Normally, this is a big event around here. It goes like this:
  • I tell Elly it's time for her new bandany (yup - ban-dan-eeeee. She's just a little girl, you know.)
  • Elly hauls ass to the bandany box.
  • Elly sits perfectly straight and perfectly still while whapping her tail. Waiting.
  • Old bandana is pulled over her head.
  • New bandana is tied around her neck.
  • I smother her with hugs and kisses and tell her she's so pretty!
  • I tell her, "Go find Daddy!" and she books it to where he is.
  • Aaron swoons then instructs her to find one of the kids.
  • Routine continues until she has received proper attention from each of us for the new attire.
I have had a heck of a time remembering to change her current bandana at a time when we're all actually in the same place at the same time. So, this morning, I just decided to get it done while I had the new one in hand. And, I wanted it off my dresser.

I didn't make the normal big deal of it because no one else was around. But, Elly still wanted a big deal, and my hugs and kisses left her feeling incomplete given what she's used to. Seriously, the girl sat at my feet staring and wagging, like, "That's not it, right?!" So, I said, "Want to take a picture?!" which caused her to take off down the hall and wait for me. And, then, she posed.
I love that girl.

More tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment