Thursday, February 5, 2015

Disheveled

Okay, so I woke up hearing all of the buzz about the 'latest reports' about how running is bad for you. Wait ... it's that 'light jogging' is good, 'running, bad.' Of course, the little I've investigated reveals just another skewed story with nothing substantial for proof or backup.

I get tired of those reports. On any topic. But, I don't really get tired of Aaron's exasperation over them, he being a scientist and all ...!

And, then I hear the story about the Brian Williams' scandal and his embellishment -- er, um, lie -- with regard to his helicopter being shot at in the Iraq war more than a decade ago, a story I found quite a shame because I tend to like Brian Williams. I'm sure he's a nice person, but I'm not down with that kind of fabrication. I'm pretty sure I would have been kicked out of journalism school when I was going through for making stuff up. I mean, if a word spelled wrong was an automatic 10 points off (a killer when the assignment was worth 20), then I'm thinking Total Lie would have been grounds for dismissal.

These thoughts plagued me through what was an overly busy and disheveled day which is ending on a note where I'm wondering if the person who said she'd "Call tonight" is actually going to do that when her office has been closed for an hour. We'll see.

I don't have these problems running. Suffice it to say I'm looking forward to my little outing in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment