Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Move It Or Lose It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 128.6 (running: 81.4; walking: 8.4; biking: 38.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $21.85

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 128.6  Aaron: 110 (b: 94; w: 16)  Elly: 25.9 Total: 264.5

So, yesterday, you know how I mentioned I have almost hit the $20 mark in the Food Bank finds? Apparently, that mark was to be crushed and bypassed entirely ...
"Twenty dollars. Pish-posh. I see your 20 and raise you almost
22. And, I'll throw in some dried mud for good measure!"
The coins have a 'tude ...
Here's how it went down:

The training schedule calls for a 2-miler today (yay!!), so I found the perfect route taking me from Point A to Point Lots-o-Money Possibility! That point was exactly 2 miles from my start, so it was very convenient. I figured I could run out then walk back. It was the perfect plan. BAM!

Fortunately for me, Elly didn't act interested in joining me. She was content on the couch when I left, so I let it goooooooo ... I wasn't in the mood for her brand of interval training today, anyway.

So, out I went, and ran I did. I usually take the first mile or two with relative ease to warm things up, but, it being just two miles total, I went at today's race pace* (subject to change as the weeks go forth!). Evidently, Elly's interval training of late has paid off, and the run was stronger than I expected. Once again, I should listen and take note from the dog.

Maybe so many coins were dropped
because there had been a cocktail
party on the premises ...
Once to the two mile mark, the hunt was on. By that, I mean I had time to hunker down at every meter (squats = cross training! hahahaha) and move some leaves to see if anything was hiding. Well, move it or lose it, people, and I'm referring to the leaves and the coins because almost all of today's stash came from under a little pile of leaves! By the way, when I was younger, my mom would have me help in the gardens which was unfortunate because I hated gardening. I mean, what 10-year-old wants to pull weeds? The venture was painful for both parties because I did a lot of passive resistance just standing around instead of getting down and dirty getting the weeds out. I can still hear her repeatedly ask, "Do your knees bend?!" Given today's stash, I'd say it seems they bend when they want to ...

After cleaning out the parking lot, I went back on my way to my starting point. I ended up walking half of the way then running the last mile. Just because I could.

I am glad for training to officially be underway, but I'm also glad I ended up with two Rest Days in a row. Who doesn't want that?! I'll check in on tomorrow's ... see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment