Friday, February 20, 2015

I Get Visitors When I Ride the Bike

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 170 (running: 87.6; walking: 8.4; biking: 74.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $22.59

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 170 Aaron: 129.6 (b: 113.6; w: 16)  Elly: 29.3 Total: 329.7


There's one huge benefit to riding the recumbent bike. Want to see?
"GUESS WHO?!!"
Of course, getting her in focus while biking is a skill I have yet to acquire.
"It's okay, mommy. I don't need to be in focus to be beautiful.
Sluuurrrrrrpp !!"
I enjoy Elly comes over to me to say hello while I'm riding because I'm totally accessible! And, by 'say hello,' I, of course, mean, 'Did you forget to give me my (rawhide) yummy? You're right here, so could you please do it?!"

This is me explaining to her she had to wait:
"Drat."
So, while I got my miles in while catching up on some good stuff on the DVR, Elly finally resigned herself to waiting. She made herself busy:
How'd that one come out in focus when it
was the most awkward of positions to take
it and not stop pedaling?!
It's not readily evident what's going on there, so allow me to paint the scene: Behind that baby gate is a cat in the litter box minding her own biz while doing her biz.

The baby gate was installed within a week of having Elly because that's when she discovered the cat box. I didn't know kitties made doggie treats. I know. Gross. According to dogs, that's what kitties are good for. So, up went the gate and everyone but Elly wins.

And, that's what happened on this morning's ride. Immediately after, Elly's desires were finally met:
"Ahhhh ... finally."
Elly's all, "I'll eat you next, cat!" and
Daphne's all, "I can jump higher than you
dog!"
My desires were met, too, as I unexpectedly found yummy strawberries at WalMart this morning:
I suspect these are way more awesome than rawhide ...
So, with that, the week's miles are in the books. I'm very thankful for the biking option as the treadmill would not have been much easier on my throat (and sore body from coughing). My legs felt an awesome push and workout, so I do feel good about that. I'm anxious to get back outside, though, so here's to hoping tomorrow's Rest Day will be exactly what's needed to get this junk behind me!

Enjoy every part of your Friday, and I'll check in when we get the weekend started!

No comments:

Post a Comment