Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Moving In Place

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 149.8 (running: 87.6; walking: 8.4; biking: 53.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $22.59

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 149.8  Aaron: 129.6 (b: 113.6; w: 16)  Elly: 29.3 Total: 308.7

It's the perfect day to find
a spot in the sun ...
This cold weather thing is really making the found money fund take a hit. *sigh* But, it is also because of Sunday's cold wind that I have this weird spot in the back of my throat sending me in to random coughing fits. It sounds terrible, like it's coming from my lungs and one is about to launch out of my mouth. But, no, it's just that spot back there. Being annoying. So, as the weather stays in the single digits (with negative wind chills tomorrow again!), my running plans stay at bike mode. Hopefully, I'll be back on the street by Sunday ...

In the meantime, I did my 6 miles on the bike today (6 bike miles = the 2 scheduled running miles) and watched some good junk on tv. Elly likes the bike, too; as it makes no sound, she likes to hang with me as long as I'll pet her. And, by "as long as," I mean it lasts for about a minute until I need to no longer be petting her while riding the bike.

There was a day that I would have made up all sorts of internal drama and panic about riding this week out, literally, instead of running even if on a treadmill. I'm not worried at all. In fact, it's probably good for me even beyond the get-the-throat-well way!

Tomorrow has no running/cycling scheduled, so I'm hopeful to post some updates I've been really excited about but that keep getting trumped by other stuff! Stay warm where you are, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment